Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What's with the big brown spiders?

Honestly, i think i should charging rent to all those spiders that are setting up shop in our house like it is totally okay. Especially the big brown ones. The daddy-long-legs I can deal with. I don't mind smashing those myself. But the big brown ones? They send me in hysterics. We had one living in our celing lamp for a while and of course I was to scared to even walk underneath the lamp, and Leland didn't want to get it because he really didn't feel like this spider falling on top of him. Even the missionaries chickened out when it came to removing it. You can't tell very well from this picture, but trust me, it's huge!


The spider couldn't get out of the lamp, (the glass is to slippery to climb up to) so we figured we'd leave it alone till it finally kicked the bucket. We got a picture of the dead version of the spider, the shrivelled up version, but it really doesn't do it justice. (It's next to an American nickle by the way).



We found another big brown one in the bathtub one morning. (so glad Leland found it and not me as i was stepping into the shower) and another one in the lamp in the bathroom. I guess all spiders are coming inside for winter...