Thursday, October 1, 2009

back to square 1

So after I have been steadily doing better the past weeks to recover from my second and third hernia, the doctor okayed me going back to work in two more week for half days. Happiness on my part, but more about the fact that i am doing better then the going back to work part.
Of course the before dismissing me the doctor did do some rather painfull test to test the nerve reflexions in my legs. It like getting shocks from an electric wire. Also, after that wanted to check the attachment of the muscles to the nervesystem. The way to do that is evidently to make a tiney little echo by sticking a needle at the stop where the muscle is. Well, 20 needles later, i was happy to get out of there.
But then... One day later. Not doing anything to crazy, just hanging up some laundry, it suddenly returned. All my hernia pains that have been absent were back. The killer pain in my leg, my foot, my toes. The nerve got pinched again by the hernia. Somehow. I am again on the strongest painkillers that are not actually morphine yet and they don't even make the pain dissapear, just tolerable...
What next? Well, go back to the doctor...


On a happier note: Stoney has taken to massaging my schoulders (picture taken before my back acted up again yesterday and i was actually able to sit up). Except he calls it marching my schoulders. LOL.
I am not sure if this is just a sign that he loves me very much, or that he will become a physical therapist when he grows up.

No comments: