Monday, November 29, 2010

thankfulness




This is the time of year we proclaim the things we are thankful for, so here it goes

Category 1 > the things that most people (including me) list when they mention things to be thankful for:

  • My savior Jesus Christ
  • My children
  • My husband
  • My family in general
  • The relative good health of most of my family
  • The (general) happiness of my children
  • A warm house to live in
  • A job
  • Food to eat


Category 2 > other, very random things I thankful for:


  • The shipment of our stuff that arrived
  • Toilet paper
  • Indoor plumming (who wants to visit an outhouse in the winter?)
  • Chocolate
  • Sturdy, comfortable shoes
  • Central heating
  • Naps
  • The book of Job
  • Trees
  • Days without back pain
  • Bicycle lights
  • The power of prayer
  • Blue skies
  • My children's laughter
  • Birds singing at daybreak or sunset
  • Days that the kids do not wet their beds

On a completly different note: We got the first snow of the year. In the morning before school, the boys dashed out into the yard to 'experience the snow'. They intended to make a snowman, never mind there was barely enough snow to make snow balls...

No comments: