Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last days of summer...

And when i say 'the last days of summer' I mean not just the end of the boys' summer holidays. I literally mean the end of summer. Just to give you a little illustration of the messed up weather here: heat wave in July, cold spell in August and then a few warmer days... Do the math: heat, cold, warming up again... What does nature make of that? Indeed: Spring. And yes, our daffodils have sprouted again! (I don't have a picture, but i promise it is true)

There is just something not right about sitting in your living room in August and thinking: "I am so cold, I wonder if i should turn the heat on?"

For the last full week of vacation the boys went on holiday for a week with my parents. Stoney went pony riding - twice. Once in halfway decent weather, once in the pouring rain. But he loved it anyway.




Here is a funny picture: some of you may know that Monty always had a fascination with ears. Now that he is six, he usually only plays with his own ears when he is tired or sometimes his mommy's. But evidence speaks: he is clearly playing with Stoney's ear here. I would too if i were him, after all Stoney is using his lap as a pillow ;-)


Some random pictures


No comments: