Saturday, February 27, 2010

spring is in the air

Oh my, spring is in the air! I mean, not that is WARM, but it has warmed up, the snow has melted and we actually got some sun today. Most of the week we were stuck with a constant downpour, but today was good.
In honor of the great weather, we decided to plant some bulbs.



Some of the chestnuts that we found in the fall had sprouted roots and we planted those as well. (even though Leland doesn't really like chestnut trees, because they make a mess year-round.) We'll see if they grow into actual trees.

On a complete not related note: here is conversation that happens almost at a daily basis somewhere between 6 and 7 in the morning - before Leland and I need to get up. (Monty being the one party in this conversation and me the other)

"Mommy?"
"Humpff"
"Mommy?"
"Yes Monty?"
"Can I say something?"
"Yes dear."
"Mommy?"
"Yes!???"
"I er... I ... Can i go to the bathroom?"

Honestly! Does the child have to wake me up at six in the morning to ask if he can go to the bathroom? Why doesn't he just go?
Alas, we have told him time and time again, if you need to go to the bathroom, by all means, GO. But to no avail.
He is an interesting child....

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

I can't wait for my planting to begin. I also have a child that HAS to tell me every single time "I have to go potty" and I always tell him to go without making a big announcement, funny kids.