Monday, July 20, 2009

fun times

Last Saturday we went to have a barbecue with another family in our ward. They had so much food, I think i gained ten pounds right there!
This family has three boys, of which the oldest is Stoney's age and the youngest Monty's age. They just have one in between as well. This family lives about half an hour away from us, in the middle of nowhere, and have a huge yard. Obviously, the kids had a blast playing together.

This is Stoney and his friend Tristan. We are talking about having their baptisms on the same day, since they are only a couple of months apart.

Naturally, Stoney also felt the need to climb a tree.


I have two weeks of vacation now and we will be going with my parents to an island just north of the Dutch coast. It's a barrier island, like the Outer Banks in NC are. I hope our weather will be nice. Nothing like a beach vacation with rain and cold weather. We'll have to see.
Because this is just what life is like, right as we are going on vacation i have thrown my back out again and i am using heavy painkillers. I had a blessing on Saturday and hopefully that together with the meds will solve the problem soon :-)

Meanwhile, the lilies and sunflowers in our yard are finally blooming.

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

Love spending time with friends that have kids the same age as mine, it makes it so much better to go enjoy time with grown ups. The pictures are beautiful. Hope your pain goes away, I suffer from back pain often and I HATE it.